Welcome to The Green Elephant Early Learning Centres.
We are family owned and operated centres and having three young children of our own, understand the importance of providing an environment where children feel safe and secure much like home.
We realise the level of trust you place in us when enrolling your child. Our promise to you is that we are committed to providing the highest quality standard of care and education possible.
Family is paramount to us and working with families and young children is what we love to do. Creating the best opportunities for children, where they are encouraged to explore, learn and develop in a loving and nurturing environment is our goal.
Each and every child at The Green Elephant is important to us and we welcome you to join our family. We look forward to meeting you and your child soon.
At The Green Elephant our philosophy is to provide the highest level of care and education for your child in a warm, nurturing and safe environment. By creating a feeling of acceptance and sense of belonging, we provide an environment which enables each child to feel safe and secure.
The Green Elephant provides educationally appropriate and stimulating programs to assist in the development of the whole child, their physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative and moral growth. Indoor and Outdoor experiences are provided in small and large group situations. These experiences cater for each child’s individual development and reflect current interests of the group or an individual child. We recognize the value of play on development. Research has found that children attain higher levels of achievement through engaging in play.
“Play provides opportunities for children to learn,
as they discover, create, improvise and imagine.
Children's immersion in their play illustrates
how play enables them to simply enjoy being.”
Our educational play-based programs assist each child to build and develop at their own individual rate with guidance and support by our passionate educators:
• confidence, curiosity and imagination
• independence and self-esteem
• respect for themselves and others
• friendly and caring behaviour
• their full potential both emotionally and physically
• foster and reinforce self control
• an understanding and appreciation of the rights and feelings of other people
Our programs also reflect the full appreciation of Australia’s multicultural society, enhancing the children’s awareness of, and respect for, cultural differences and similarities. Our programs are designed to help your child in developing all areas for success now and in later years and to equip them with the necessary tools to deal with life.
The Green Elephant Early Learning Centre endeavors to create a “family-like” atmosphere and recognise the importance of creating a link between home and the Centre, where parents, educators and the community work in partnership to develop the child as a whole in a mutually supportive and caring environment.
• To provide a warm, nurturing and safe environment that cater’s to each individual child
and families needs
• To endeavour to settle each child happily and contentedly into the groups and program
of the centre
• To provide an educational play based curriculum which caters for each individual child’s
development in the areas of physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative and moral growth
• We will provide an all inclusive holistic program enhancing the children’s awareness of a
second language, self defence, physical movement and nutrition
• We value each child as an individual and that they have unique capabilities and interests
which allow them to develop to their full potential
• We believe that parents are the child’s first educators and encourage parental participation
and input at all times, whilst respecting individual lifestyles, values and beliefs, and their
rights and opinions
• We will provide qualified, caring and enthusiastic educators who will nurture each child’s
learning, thinking and development
• Develop the foundations for lifelong learning by developing skills which give children the
ability to learn effectively
The Green Elephant nurtures
children 0-6yrs of age.
Our environment is set up to
foster all aspects of the child's developmental stages
55 Mentmore Ave, Rosebery
15 Allen St, Waterloo
MONDAY - FRIDAY
7.00am - 6.00pm